4 Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
Published on June 3 2014
The kitchen is an indispensable part of every home. Much more than a place to store food and cook meals, this room can also be where families catch up in between work, school, and countless other daily responsibilities. For many homeowners, the kitchen is their favorite room in the house!
In such an important space, if something isn’t right, it can throw off the ambience of the entire home. Whether that old paint or wallpaper needs to go or there isn’t enough space to store everything, it may be time to call a professional. Those not satisfied with the design, layout, or size of their kitchens can enlist the help of a Columbus, Ohio remodeling company to help them achieve the kitchen of their dreams.
Ways to Update Your Kitchen
There are various methods for changing or enhancing the size, structure, or appearance of the kitchen to meet any need or aesthetic. Popular kitchen remodeling projects include:
- Appliance and fixture upgrades. The look, feel, and functionality of a kitchen can be completely changed with stylish, coordinated appliances and fixtures, including refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, sinks, and faucets.
- Island installation. Not enough counter space in the kitchen? Islands are striking additions that allow for extra surface area for cutting, slicing, rolling, dicing, and other food preparation techniques. For even better vertical space utilization, appliances and storage can be added underneath, and pot racks can be installed above.
- Complete redesign. No matter the quality or design of appliances or fixtures, peeling wallpaper and ancient linoleum will make a kitchen a visual nightmare. Choose a Columbus kitchen remodeling company that can conduct a thorough design overhaul, from paint to tile to countertops.
- Adding square footage. Efficient space utilization can only go so far. Once all available options are exhausted, a skilled remodeling company can work with homeowners to add additional square footage. The extra area can be used for food preparation, an extended pantry, a dining area, or even an above-ground wine cellar; the options are endless.
Small kitchens are easier to remodel, and can be renovated for a fairly economic price. Learn more about remodeling small kitchens here.
How RH Homes Can Help
For homeowners seeking kitchen remodeling in Columbus, Ohio, RH Homes can make your aesthetic and functional dreams a reality. Our creative and experienced team will work with you to plan and implement one or more of the following:
- Building. Our skilled builders can extend kitchen space or add interior structures to allow for more effective use.
- Interior updates. Tasteful paint colors, attractive tile, handsome flooring, luxurious counter tops, and spacious cabinetry bring new life to kitchens.
- Historical remodels. For those wanting to restore the kitchen of an historic home, revealing its original glory, RM Homes can help design and build a kitchen that preserves your home’s history.
Time spent in the kitchen should be rewarding and relaxing. With the right design and space utilization, homeowners may indeed find that the kitchen is the hub of the home.
For expert kitchen remodeling in Columbus, OH, contact RH Homes. We will work with you every step of the way to achieve the kitchen of your dreams.